Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE going to gigs! And I always receive questions from people asking about my gig experiences and what it’s like. So I’ve compiled a list of Do’s and Don’ts into my Top 10 Tips For A Great Gig Experience ✨
10 Tips For A Great Gig Experience
- If you can’t find anyone to accompany you to the gig – GO ALONE! You will meet lots of great people who are fans just like yourself. Trust me, it’s not as bad as it sounds!
- The two main apps that I use to keep up to date with gigs are Twitter & Songkick.
- Before going to the gig, drink lots of water and eat lightly – nothing too heavy.
- Don’t arrive dead on doors opening , unless you really want to be at the front and don’t mind standing for hours. Also, try to find out the stage times from the venue before arriving so that you can plan your time accordingly.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged and/or pack a portable charger with you.
- Wear suitable clothing and shoes – something that makes you feel comfortable and cute !
- If you arrive late, DON’T push in front! It’s bad gig etiquette to push people out of the way to get to the front (this is my biggest pet peeve lol). However, if there is space for you, then by all means take it.
- Do not get finessed out of your space by people that push in front of you. If someone pushes in front of you and you can’t see, don’t be afraid to speak up.
- Unfortunately, some individuals take advantage of the fact that personal space boundaries are very limited at gigs. If anyone inappropriately touches you, REPORT IT!
- Enjoy the moment! Don’t get too caught up in filming everything whilst at the gig! Some memories are best left in the imagination; don’t be afraid to just be in the moment.
Like, Comment & Subscribe ✨
*Featured Image Source: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/105130972526879770/